x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Netbook Pro soft reset issues

1 2 3
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 3:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I've actually been leaving out Step 1 - I just close the Netbook Pro to suspend, and open to wake. (And a nice little feature about the NB Pro is that when you suspend this way, the indicator light burns red for a second or two while settings are saved - at least that's what the device tells me if I open it up again before the light goes off.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 4:33 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2008-09-27 10:22 PM

I didn't find that registry entry in mine. Too bad - that might've been the solution to my problem in the first place.

I've seen the file warmboot.exe in \Windows, but I assumed that that's what software reset commands within third-party apps point to. Okay, tried it (without renaming Documents and Settings, of course, and after leaving the device in suspend mode for a few minutes just to be sure), and it did indeed retain my settings. But that means I have to reset that way every time I make registry changes, doesn't it? It sounds like the registry key you mention above can disable the persistent registry. Can I enter it manually (and if so, I'd need to know the exact location in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and the exact value)?

I'm still left with the WAV file playback quirk in any event. Could that have been corrupted somehow during reflash, or could it possibly be a bug in the latest ROM image?

I'll post a pic of the watch batteries later today if I get a chance to snap a picture. But removing the AAA backup batteries with the main battery still dumps data from RAM - just not sure if it's all the data.

to disable persistent registry it takes a lot more. you must rebuild the registry into default.fdf from the boot.hv, default.hv and user.hv. then of course reflash with this modified rom image. it is certainly possible - want to get it done?

the latest rom does have a sound bug
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 4:35 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

mying99 - 2008-09-28 7:03 PM

After several months using,I got some expieres for this mechine.

Whenever you changed the system and you want to save ,the first step should shut down the NBP, the second step is warm reset,It's important.Then you will get you want.

All I have got great work on NBP are Socket Bluetooth CF Card,M2000 bluetooth GPS,Symbol CF wifi Card,PCMICA lan Card,GPRS cf card,and CDMA Card......

It's quite great mechine ,the NBP.And this thread sent by NBP.

By the way,this is my thread about NBP. http://www.hi-pda.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=422414&extra=page%3D1&page=1

It's good news for us,Cmonex join in NBP users

hey there
 Top of the page
mying99 Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 9:12 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi,

there are some acce for NBP.they are all work fine.

Bluetooth CF Card=Socket CF Bluetooth ,it's perfect card.
WIFI CF Card=Symbol CF WIFI Card,Type is LA-4137.
Lan PCMICA Card,must be tested,there is no clear type.

By the way ,Cmonex,Do you have any reviews about NBP?Contrasting with your NEC MP900c.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 2:08 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2008-09-29 1:33 AM
to disable persistent registry it takes a lot more. you must rebuild the registry into default.fdf from the boot.hv, default.hv and user.hv. then of course reflash with this modified rom image. it is certainly possible - want to get it done?

the latest rom does have a sound bug

I was afraid of that. Wonder if there's a slightly older ROM image out there that doesn't have this bug.

I don't think I'll be needing to disable the persistent registry now that I'm getting the hang of it, but if I change my mind I'll let you know. Thanx for your help in any event.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2008-09-29 8:25 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mying99 - 2008-09-29 3:12 PM

By the way ,Cmonex,Do you have any reviews about NBP?Contrasting with your NEC MP900c.

oh, both are fine devices...

the 900c's advantages:
- smaller
- with 4400mAh battery option, it can have better battery life (? does NBP have an extended battery option?)
- lots of hacks and roms for it (soon for NBP too, i hope)
- big community around it
- has the better keyboard of the two (subjective opinion), has Win key too (netbook pro's is sorely missing it)
- many parts available cheap, many hw fixes described (and even JTAG is available)
- the internal flash disk is larger (will be very useful in rom v3!)
- screen can be laid flat
- much easier to take care of backup battery
- vga out easily available
- usb host is full sized port.
- can sync with USB easily.
- can have HPC2000 downgrade (for diehard hpc fans)

I guess all in all that means better support for it.

the netbook pro's advantages:
- screen is better, tft 800x600!
- more ram
- faster
- default battery lasts longer than 900c's default battery
- three slots!!
- more quality build
- neat design (though I don't like the way the screen opens)
- psion support was better (constant rom updates released)
- good programs in ROM
- serial cable available much easier than for 900c.
- PSION brand (for psion nuts )

disadvantages: switch the advantages list

Edited by cmonex 2008-09-29 8:37 PM
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 9